About Us

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Parish History

Fundraising for an Anglican church in Coolum Beach began in 1955, and culminated in the dedication of the Church on 14th November 1970. It was consecrated by the Archbishop of Brisbane, the Most Revd Felix Arnott, on 5th November 1977 as part of Nambour Parish. In 1993 it became a provisional parish with the Revd Greg March as the first Parish Priest. A rectory was built nearby in 1998. The parish has a particular ministry to tourists who want somewhere to worship when they are on holiday. We have some ‘parishioners’ whom we share with their home parishes and see regularly when they visit Coolum.



Cathy 350 x 350
The Revd Dr Cathy Laufer

Cathy began her ministry in Coolum on Christmas Eve 2010. Cathy’s gifts include preaching and pastoral care. She is also a sessional lecturer in Theology at St Francis Theological College, Brisbane. When not working, Cathy enjoys walking on the beach, body surfing and spending time with her sister (in Buderim) and her niece and nephew (in Brisbane).

Parish Deacon

Carol Roth 350 x 350
The Revd Carol Roth

Carol was ordained a Deacon in 2000 and became Honorary Deacon at Holy Spirit in 2009.  As well as being a deacon at Coolum, Carol spends her time working to spread the work of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, a wonderful way of nurturing the spirituality of children in their relationship with God.  She has been training this work for 15 years. 

Honorary Clergy

Holy Spirit is also blessed to have two retired priests as part of our congregation, Revd Jocelyn Pitt and Canon Dr Jim McPherson who assist with services.   

Lay Minister

Rebecca Crockett


We currently have two wardens: Lynne Raw and Lynne Rostirolla

Street Stalls

Pre-Covid, we regularly hosted street stalls and sausage sizzles outside our church. We hope to have them again in 2022. We welcome anyone to come and say hello!